Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Buying to sell on Ebay




I have been experimenting again . A couple of week ago I bought this item ..click here..via the fatfingers website . Fatfingers is a site that lists items with spelling mistakes ( read about it here)

Anyway I typed in Caithness ( a famous Scottish glassmaker) and found the listing with its title spelt incorrectly . So I bid and picked it up for a grand total of £7 ( including postage)

Yesterday I offered it back up to eBay ...click here ... I worked on the copy , as preached in other posts , I worked on cleaning the item up and taking a nice Photo ( although if I had better equipment the photo would be a lot better). Most importantly though, I made sure that there were no spelling mistakes in the title ...




<<<<<<..still not fully happy with it ..too dark at the bottom ..but I'll get better :-)










the original photo listed when I bought it.









So I am watching this one closely ( as are two other people according to my eBay)

What do you think ? ...will it be a profit or will it be a loss ...eBay can be really exciting sometimes ...but then again I'm getting old and it doesn't take very much to get me excited these days :-)

Watch it with me


3 comments:

Linda said...

Rob, there's very good advice about taking pictures of glass on the photography board. I remember reading something about shooting the glass with the light shining from above it...

Linda

rebay said...

I will have to work on it

Thanks Again

Ron

cbgamblingsystem said...

Hey, this blog surely rocks for home jobs content! I recommend anyone to bookmark your blog for online business!

Further, I found this another interesting site about home business opportunity content. Anybody including you looking for work from home jobs related stuff will find this one interesting.

So, do not forget to visit this site for internet business if you get time :-)

Thanks and Get More Than You Expect With
Bunny S.
Free Money