Wednesday, May 03, 2006

eBay slump .... motivation


I love the poem "IF" by Rudyard kipling . I go back to it every now and then when I need to spur myself on , in times when motivation for the task is waining .

I have in the last couple of weeks suffered from a bad case of de-motivation . Primarily because of other family and work commitments but nevertherless I am sure I could have found half an hour here and there to post and to list ...

So I need to pick myself up and dust myself off and start again ....Or as the old Japanese proverb goes , "fall down 7 times stand up 8 ".

April turned out to be a pretty good month on the bay with a profit of @£120 ...the only problem for me was that it consummed too much of my time ...particularly in my listings ..I will have to speed up a little . maybe I'll invest in some software to help .

Anyway today ...despite a million and one other priorities I am determined to get some listings back on ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poem! I've heard it before but not for a long time. It certainly hits home on many fronts.

Myself, I worry more about the people who never get "down" than I do about those that do. To my way of thinking the person who is continuously "up" isn't reaching beyond themselves and isn't using all their talents. They are consumed with whatever feeds their own happiness.

From what I see, you my friend are using your talents.

Sometimes I think being "down" or not motivated is a necessary part of the journey. It forces us to "give up", make choices and get going again.

I've got 2 signs hand written in large letters in my office now. One says, "Take the next step" and the other says "Without God there is no vision".

For me being "down" means I've lost God's vision for my life for that day and must consciously "let go again" of all my own visions that have encroached on His vision for my life. It's a gut wrenching process I go through more times than I like to admit.

Mark